Overview: Delta World Tire
is one of the area's largest independent tire dealers, with over 30,000 tires in stock. In addition to tires, Delta World Tire offers complete quality automotive repair and preventative maintenance. Our ASE certified technicians will be happy to help you on a wide range of services including alignments, brake repair, oil changes, batteries, shocks and struts, belts and hoses, and air conditioning.
As a General Service Technician
, you will perform non-technical service repairs such as oil changes, tire and wheel related services, alignments, flushes, and more. While working alongside ASE Certified Automotive Technicians, you will get the training necessary to get to the next level in your career. COMPENSATION:
$10-15 per hour
If you are interested in becoming a certified ASE Automotive Technician, this is the opportunity for you. This could be the beginning of your successful career. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely transports customers to and from their place of residence or business using the company vehicle.
- Picks up parts, supplies, tires, etc. from vendors and/or the corporate office using the company vehicle.
- Operates company vehicle in a safe and courteous manner obeying all traffic laws.
- Conducts State Safety and Emission Inspections on vehicles in an ethical manner following all company and state guidelines.
- Performs tire mounting/dismounting, wheel balance and tire rotation.
- Performs oil changes and other basic services at the direction of the Shop Foreman or Store Manager.
- While performing basic services, observes general vehicle condition and points out any obvious needed repairs or safety concerns to the Shop Foreman or Store Manager. Utilizes the company's Multi-point Inspection and/or Repair Order to properly document the vehicle condition.
- Maintains cleanliness of the shop to include the service area, tire racks, showroom and outside the building to maintain a clean and inviting appearance.
- Follows all safety procedures and reports any concerns to the Shop Foreman or Store Manager.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess valid OK driver's license, or obtain a valid OK driver's license within 30 days of hire date
- Ability to work a minimum of five days, including Saturday's
The General Service Technician will be exposed to moderate to loud noises, dust, exhaust fumes, lubricants, petroleum products, vapors, caustic materials and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials. The temperature in the work environment varies and could include extreme heat and/or extreme cold depending on the ambient temperatures outside.
The General Service Technician must be able to meet the following physical requirements:
- Stand up to eight hours per day in the shop and able to walk to gain access to various areas of the building
- Bend, stoop, kneel and crouch regularly throughout the day; must have full range of motion with arms and hands and be able to feel, handle or finger objects frequently
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds regularly, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Hear and speak
- Vision sufficient to detect color, depth, and re-focus
- Competitive Bi-Weekly Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement, up to $3,000 annually
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Effective 1st of the Month after Hire)
- Life Insurance (Company paid)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Discounted Services on Personal and Immediate Family Vehicles
- Opportunity for Advancement!
Sun Auto Tire & Service provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.