Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at LinkedIn:/lumentechnologies, Facebook:/lumentechnologies, and YouTube:/lumentechnologies. The Role
The Director of Mass Markets Revenue Accounting (Accounting Director) is responsible for leading a team of accounting individuals to accomplish the revenue accounting close and reporting functions for Lumens Mass Markets segment in the North America region and reports to the Senior Director of Margin Accounting and Reporting. This individual is a member of the North America Revenue Accounting and Reporting team and will interface with Business and Corporate Finance, Tax, External Reporting, Expense Accounting, Intercompany Accounting, Customer Financial Services/Billing, Technical Accounting, regional accounting teams, internal and external auditors, and individuals at multiple levels and locations. This position is highly visible within the organization and will manage a large team and engage with numerous stakeholders to achieve results. The Main Responsibilities
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Lead Mass Markets revenue accounting close and reporting processes, including monthly journal entries, management reporting packages and account reconciliations.
- Provide support to Business and Corporate Finance teams in analysis of revenue related transactions and variances to budget.
- Champion process improvements and automation initiatives to reduce manual work within revenue accounting and reporting functions specific to Mass Markets, specifically during periodic close cycles.
- Ensure effective design and operation of internal controls over revenue accounting and reporting and related estimates for Mass Markets segment and support revenue control testing activities conducted as part of Lumens internal SOX compliance program.
- Partner with the External Reporting team to prepare information required for external revenue reporting and disclosures and support deliverables and activities for the external audit.
- Drive execution of accounting policies and technical accounting recommendations as pertains to revenue recognition, lessor accounting and credit losses on customer receivables and any related estimates.
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to provide revenue accounting and reporting guidance or assistance with critical projects or lead projects on behalf of the Mass Markets Revenue Accounting team, including but not limited to: billing and A/R consolidation, revenue and customer reporting fidelity, product initiatives and integration, management and/or external reporting changes, and regulatory and tax compliance needs.
- Research technical accounting matters associated with review of material or non-standard customer contracts and prepare supporting memos (containing both a conclusion and proposed approach to implementing the recommended treatment).
- Train and develop Revenue Accounting team members to ensure appropriate understanding and application of accounting guidance and Lumen-specific policies and practices.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required. Bachelor's and/or Masters Degree in Accounting and 12+ years of relevant job experience with similar essential duties.
- 7+ years of experience working with large public company ($1B+ in revenue) and/or large public accounting firm (with large public company experience)
- Strong technical accounting skills, with in-depth knowledge of ASC 606 and ASC 842 guidance and application to revenue accounting and reporting.
- Thorough understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and application to revenue-specific risks and controls.
- Working knowledge of SEC reporting and disclosure requirements, including recent developments and focus areas.
- Experience with foreign exchange and intercompany accounting concepts and issues.
- Ability to interact with senior-level executives and internal and external auditors in a professional and focused manner and handle confidential or proprietary information appropriately.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks concurrently in an efficient and effective manner.
- Continuous improvement mindset, with a focus on problem-solving and challenging the status quo.
- SAP and/or Oracle experience highly desired. Technology and/or telecom industry experience preferred.
Requisition #: 301682 EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions. Salary Range Salary Min :
115740 Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. () We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. ()
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions. Salary Range Salary Min :
115740 Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.